The Canadian Concussion Collaborative (CCC) is comprised of nine health related organizations and is chaired by the Canadian Academy of Sport and Exercise Medicine:
- The Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians (CAEP)
- The Canadian Academy of Sport and Exercise Medicine (CASEM)
- The Canadian Center for Ethics in Sports (CCES)
- The Canadian Medical Association (CMA)
- The Canadian Paediatric Society (CPS)
- The Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA)
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)
- The Ontario Medical Association Sport Medicine Section (OMA)
- Parachute (includes the former Think First)
The CCC has released “Recommendations for policy development regarding sport-related concussion prevention and management in Canada” (P. Fremont et al., 2014).
The article recommends concussion protocols at all levels of sport in Canada, including situations in which timely or sufficient medical care is not immediately available.